Fusion Belly Dance Classes with Amy Danielson
Ongoing class is on Thursdays at 6:30pm. Are you ready to learn a dance form that builds self confidence, body acceptance, and physical fitness, get a scintillating taste of many other cultures, and enjoy the lasting friendships that come with dancing, sewing, and even maybe eventually performing with a group of other dancers?! We’ll be:
- Learning the basic movements, plus several variations of each, of fusion style belly dance
- Enjoying both improv and choreographed dance experiences, step by step in a super positive environment that will begin to prepare you for future adventures in the dance
- Promoting a body positive focus. Experience the absolute FUN of dancing, just as you are! Any age over 16, size or shape of body, fitness level, and gender identity is welcome.
Class is $65 per 4 weeks, and will autorenew - Meaning it's a subscription. You can opt out ANY time on the website here, or by letting Amy know to cancel your subscription. I've been teaching Fusion Belly Dance in Wisconsin and Minnesota since 2010. Classes are on Thursdays at 6:30pm - please make sure that you area able to come regularly, so that you're not left behind as we learn! Classes aren't transferrable. Held at the Awaken Vibrance Yoga Studio, 201 South State Street, Waseca, MN, 56093.
All body types and fitness levels are welcome, all ages over 16 (belly dance is wonderful and inclusive for all ages!). All sexual orientations, genders and nonbinary people are welcome. I’m so excited to see you all there!
This particular class will be all about gentle movement and a broad spectrum teaching within the broad subject of fusion belly dance - classes will include sections on drill and technique every week, but also may include history, music and musicality, character development, choreography design, basic to advanced costuming, props, stage presence, energy work, audience relationship, blocking, design, dancer safety, and much more.
For those of you who are new to belly dance and Amy's studio, Fusion style belly dance is not an exact representation of the dances of North Africa and the Middle East, but rather it’s inspired by many of the beautiful cultural dances located there, and then fused with many other dance forms - hip hop, flamenco and other Latin dances, and more. We find great beauty in all the cultures of the world and then weave the strands into a new tapestry - which is how art has been created since the beginning of mankind.
No refunds or transfers.
Important Info - All Classes/Workshops
- Wear comfy clothes that cover what needs to be covered, please. Bring a yoga mat, and a notepad. No noisy coin hip scarves for class (save them for other fun times!!).
- Also, no watchers, please! No children, boyfriends/girlfriends, spouses, friends, etc. The only people at class should be dancers, so everyone can feel comfortable. :)
- GET READY TO HAVE FUN!
If you'd like to know more about my teaching style, check it out here: Amy's Teaching Style